Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Leeching... it works!

So I've been talking with my primary care doctor about the allergies that I keep getting, and the fact that Claritin helps a bit but doesn't seem to totally fix the problem. He's been talking to me for a while about leeching, and had mentioned that people are starting to realize now that medieval folks actually were on to something when they first placed leeches on the body to suck out blood and toxins. My doctor said that in his experience a good blood letting can help not only with things like allergies and cold viruses, but also with joint pain, ringing in the ears and dry scalp.
So I started today by settling into the bathtub, opening the container of leeches, and letting a few dozen of the buggers go to town on me.
I gotta say, I think I'm feeling better already. I seem to have forgotten about those nagging allergies, and there seems to be no ill side affects from the extreme blood loss. I feel like an umbrella in a doghouse! No need to yell at me, Bob Barker. Beedlee-dee... hello, leechies!
Leechie Leechie loochie!
I'm very relaxed.
I hope you enjoy today
G

2 comments:

  1. I've heard giving blood is important for the giver since the body then need to replenish. In fact, I heard this was more important for men because women, um... "give" blood regularly.

    ReplyDelete