Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Tony Robbins' Positive Power

No, I've never taken the "Positive Power" course, but I probably could benefit from it.
Although, I like to think (and perhaps I'm delusional) that I'm a fairly positive guy, and that I start from an "everything's okay" outlook, before I let life take over and try to prove me wrong.
That said, venting is a good exercise as long as you don't dwell on the negatives for too long. And we're friends, right? So I can vent with you.

I love riding my bike (as in bicycle), and I think it's great that others get enjoyment from riding. It's great exercise... doesn't use any gas... let's you commune with nature.

But why is there a small segent of serious bicyclists who insist that they have the exact same rights as cars on the road - until it becomes inconvenient like when they get to a red light.
At that point it seems like the outlook changes to "hey.. I'm on a bicycle, I don't have to stop".

Dudes.. it's great that you're into it... but guess what? If you insist on riding on the roads that were built for cars, you need to be respectful of the rules that drivers have to follow. You'll be safer, and drivers will be more respectful of your right to ride.

And one more thing. If you're not riding in the Tour De France, do you really need to wear those silly outfits with the sponsors all over them?

I witnessed two bicyclists the other day riding together on the road (fine), riding two abreast (okay if there's enough room and you're mindful of the traffic) chatting to each other loudly as they rode (not too harmful) oblivious to the line of cars behind them trying not to hit them (really not fine) and wearing the exact same, dorky, sponsor laden outfits (very very creepy), looking like Milli Vanilli on two wheels.

I'm done.
Subject of my next post? Something positive, like puppies.

Be well
-Georgie

1 comment:

  1. so true, George, so true!!!
    stay positive,
    so much better
    than negative
    :-)
    <3
    Kim

    ReplyDelete